We are proud of our achievements – and especially those of our graduates. Some notable facts about Cranfield:
- There is one member of academic staff to every five students, one of the best ratios for any university in the UK (HESA 2020/21).
- Over a third (36%) of all aeronautical and aerospace engineering postgraduate students in the UK are studying at Cranfield – more than any other UK university (HESA 2020/21).
- 48% of our students and learners are over 30 years old.
- During a typical year, our academics deliver courses to participants from around 50 countries outside the UK.
- 44% of our students and learners study part-time.
- Around 5,800 people come to Cranfield each year to benefit from our executive and professional development programmes.
- We have over 30 international alumni communities across the world, including China, India, Russia, Switzerland and Brazil.
- According to the Research Excellence Framework 2021, 88% of our research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023, we are ranked in the global top 30 for Engineering – Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing.
- Cranfield is in the global top 150 for ‘Business and Management Studies’ and the top 200 for ‘Environmental Sciences’ in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.
- Cranfield was recognised by the UK Office for Students in 2022 as a world-leading specialist provider in recognition of our global reputation for high quality teaching and the ongoing impact of our graduates on their professions and industries.
At Cranfield School of Management:
- Cranfield School of Management’s Management MSc was ranked 5th in the UK and 36th in the world in The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2021 ranking.
- In the Economist WhichMBA? 2022 Full-time Rankings, Cranfield School of Management was ranked first in the world for ratio of alumni to current students (part of “potential to network” ranking), second in the UK and top 20 in the world for quality of faculty, top three in the UK for educational experience and top five in the UK for salary outcomes.
- In the Financial Times Executive Education rankings 2020, Cranfield School of Management is ranked among the top 40 business schools in the world and one of the top 10 in the UK for both its open and customised executive development programmes. We are in the top 15 in the world for the international reach of our customised programmes.
- The School is one of an elite group worldwide to hold the triple accreditation of: AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (the Association of MBAs).
Cranfield is a six-time winner of the prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize.